Personal Independence Payment Claim Advice

Personal Independence Payment Claim Advice

Personal Independence Payment Claim Advice

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs if you have both:

* A long-term physical or mental health condition or disability

* Difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition

You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings, or are getting most other benefits.

How PIP works

There are 2 parts to PIP:

A daily living part: - if you need help with everyday tasks

a mobility part - if you need help with getting around

Whether you get one or both parts and how much you get depends on how difficult you find everyday tasks and getting around.

If you might have less than 6 months to live, you’ll automatically get the daily living part. Whether you get the mobility part depends on your needs. Find out how to claim and how much you’ll get if you might have 6 months or less to live.

Daily living part:

You might get the daily living part of PIP if you need help with:

  • eating, drinking, or preparing food
  • washing, bathing, and using the toilet
  • dressing and undressing
  • reading and communicating
  • managing your medicines or treatments
  • making decisions about money
  • socialising and being around other people

Mobility part:

You might get the mobility part of PIP if you need help with:

  • working out a route and following it
  • physically moving around
  • leaving your home
  • you do not have to have a physical disability to get the mobility part. You might also be eligible if you have difficulty getting around because of a cognitive or mental health condition, like anxiety.

How difficulty with tasks is assessed

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will assess how difficult you find daily living and mobility tasks. For each task they’ll look at:

* whether you can do it safely

* how long does it takes you

* how often your condition affects this activity

* whether you need help to do it, from a person or using extra equipment

Your carer could get Carer’s Allowance if you have substantial caring needs.

Send a Message

Contact us with any questions you might have and we will happily answer them.

Contact Us

Follow Us